Academic & Professional Education Working Group
Healthcare organizations’ Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) professionals, organizations’ informatics and analytics staff, academicians, vendors’ business analysts, and standards developers join the Academic and Professional Education Working Group.
This group will:
- Assess best practices for academic, professional development, and vocational education in standards-based health information technology (HIT) including the use of BPM+ standards
- Develop curriculum and content for educational modules on computable clinical pathways development and adoption
- Develop tutorials and materials for educational webinars, presentations, and online training
- “Train the trainers” to use and deliver these materials in academic courses, vocational training, and conferences
With the goal of building a workforce to participate in:
- Developing standards-based computable pathways at healthcare organizations
- Building standards for computable clinical pathways at SDOs
- Implementing standardized, computable clinical pathways in HIT products
- Strategy and charter document for the Academic & Professional Education Working Group
- Student Capstone Project with Duke University School of Nursing - Identification and Care Coordination of Child Sex Trafficking Victims in the Emergency Department - Using BPM+ to Translate Knowledge into Clinical Decision Support (poster)
- Presentation at AHIMA 2020 conference - Teaching CDI Through Interoperable Clinical Pathways Standards and Modeling Tools
Visit the Academic & Professional Education Working Group’s collaboration site.
- BPM+ Health educational strategy roadmap
- Curriculum and content for educational modules on computable clinical pathways development and adoption for academic courses, professional certification, and vocational training
- Online tutorials and materials for educational webinars, presentations, online training, etc.
- Reference Implementation Tooling/BPM+ Education Toolkit including inventory of content management, modeling and other software and tools
- Mentorship for student capstone projects and educators
- Presentations and webinars in collaboration with professional associations