Authoring Working Group
Typically professional healthcare societies, practitioners from clinical specialties, and subject matter experts that are interested in creating new or translating existing narrative documents into computer-consumable artifacts join the Authoring Working Group.
This group is focused on writing / distributing content, e.g.:
- Health practice patterns
- Care Pathways
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
Discussing best practices and approaches:
- Identifying and documenting practice patterns, modeling approaches
- Advancing education among the content author community
Implementer Working Group
Typically EHR/EMR vendors, software and application vendors, application developers, open source implementers, and members interested in realizing clinical pathways in executable software join the Implementer Working Group.
This group is focused on approaches for IT/Software implementation of BPM+, e.g.:
- Implementation strategies and approaches
- Ingesting and use of computable workflows
- Integration between HIT data and workflow
This group provides feedback to the Methodology group.
Institutional Adoption Working Group
Typically healthcare provider and payer organizations, including health systems, academic medical centers, and group practices join the Institutional Adoption Working Group. These members are consumers of care pathways and guidelines and are adopting them for implementation within their care institutions.
This group is centered on how to bring pathways into institutional use, e.g.:
- How to adopt them
- How to configure them
- Change management
This group works on:
- Business case for computable pathways
- Intersection between BPM+ pathways, IT systems, human resources
- Identifying and documenting practice patterns
Methodology Working Group
Typically professional modelers, consultants, and BPM+ tool vendors join the Methodology Work Group.
This group applies core standards to meet the needs of the healthcare vertical, specifically:
- Refining and revising the "Field Guide" Document
- Liaison activities with the SDO community
- Cataloging, documenting and advising on best practices
- Maintaining an authoritative set of BPM+ guidance